Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 29 | The home stretch

I closed last night at 46,718 words at Chapter 18.  Yes, that means only 3,282 words left (in 2 days).  I think I can handle that seeing as how I've done 4,000 in one day at one point to catch up (hehe).  So far my journey through NaNoWriMo hasn't been quite as eventful as past years.  I haven't fallen too far behind at any one point - though there was a time where it was getting dangerously close to almost 5,000 words behind and I needed to 'kick it into gear' to get that down.

From this side of the next two days (including today) I feel confident.  As long as nothing major happens - that is, I keep all my fingers - I think I should cross the finish line sometime early Friday morning or even late Thursday night.  The fact that it has been raining recently also greatly increases my writing desires!  At the point in time when I cross that invisible finish line, I fully expect you all to cheer with me, even if that's just you in front of your computer doing a little dance.  Hey, I'll take what I can get.

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of you who have supported me either through "like's" on Facebook  or texts/emails to encourage me.  A big shout-out to my roommie for putting up with never  seeing me (though, in our case that's not an uncommon thing seeing as how we are both pretty busy).

I'm also excited to announce that I'll be guest blogging on my NaNo experience on my friend Anne's fun blog A Pew Perspective on December 7th.  Something for you all to look forward to.  I'll be putting up my own celebration and reflective post on Friday (that is, if all goes well - those fingers and all) but I'll go more into depth on her blog about some valuable things that I've learned.

Anywhoo, thanks (as always) for stopping by!  It was so great to have Cheri Swalwell on the blog yesterday for {Writer Wednesday} (check out her post HERE if you missed it) and I look forward to the great lineup for the rest of this year an on into next. You'll want to make stopping by for {Writer Wednesday} a habit - trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment