Monday, November 5, 2012

Day5 | Synopsis: what's it all about?

Closed the day yesterday at 7,541 words! That's 873 words ahead of my 1,667 word schedule :)  I'm actually a little shocked at how we'll it's going.  Every time I've sat down to write I've been able to press ahead in the story without much pause and without any roadblocks as of yet (knock on cyber wood).  I'm sure there will come that time when I'll think to myself, "Why in the world are the characters here?" or "How was I planning on getting them out of this?" but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. 

After an invigorating run in the chilly air this morning I am ready to start this week fresh.  Sundays always seem to rejuvenate me and get me ready for the upcoming week if my heart is in the right place, focused on the Lord.  Yesterday was one of those days for me.  I was so encouraged by the message Pastor Doug spoke and challenged to think through a lot within my own heart. 

As I look forward to this week, I know things will be difficult.  I've got two sessions to edit from last week, a few more to schedule, dinner tonight with friends, practice on Thursday, and plans on into the weekend.  To be diligent in every area is definitely a prayer request for me!

Well, I thought I'd share the synopsis (or 'back cover enticement' as I like to call it) with you for my book for this years NaNoWriMo.  The idea is to have you (the reader) dying to read my book after you finish reading the small paragraphs below.  I may or may not have accomplished that, but at least you'll have a small idea about what I'm writing :)

Have a fantastic Monday and remember that the Lord's mercies are new every morning.  Just as I am refreshed & ready to go - you too can experience that by resting in Him!

___________________________________________________

Synopsis 

Set in 4050, Worlds Tour is the first of three books about an exploration tour sent out every 100 years to discover new worlds and potential planets for human habitation.

Serafin finds herself on the Worlds Tour ship in search of her brother Graeme who is supposed to be a participant for this centuries Tour. She will go to great lengths to find him, even committing her life to a Tour she was never meant to be a part of.

Rowan, born leader and potential captain, is starting the next stage of his life as a participant in this centuries tour. He has been preparing for this since he was a boy and has hopes to be placed in charge of his own mission. However, all of his training and natural instincts can't prepared him for what he will face.

Two stories intertwined. A purpose greater than anyone could have imagined. This centuries Tour will test the limits of the known worlds and bring about a change that will affect the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment