Friday, January 13, 2017

Extraordinary


I was scrolling through my Facebook feed today and came across this amazing 13-year-old boy, Joey Alexander, from Indonesia, featured on my friend Paul's podcast (check out Mozart and Me here). Just watch this video and I'm sure you'll find your jaw dropping to the floor:


It got me thinking. I know I've been talking a lot about goals and goal setting here on the blog but I wanted to take a moment today, on this lovely Friday morning, to point out the fact that there are some truly amazing, talented, and gifted people in this world. Think of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis,   Mozart, and even little Joey Alexander here who are just filled to the brim with extraordinary talent.

Whether it's writing, art, science, cooking, sports, music, dancing, pottery, or whatever it may be, creativity is something we're gifted with. Some will be more talented in some areas and a few, like Joey here, will shine more brightly, but what I think I'll take with me today is that sense of wonder.

As a writer (especially one who loves Fantasy and Sci-Fi) I love thinking about the different giftings we all have and how we each get the chance to use them. I challenge you today to not look at others gifts and talents with envy, but appreciation and to recognize your own gifts (not in comparison to anyone else).

Happy Friday you talented people, you! 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment