Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Marian P. Merritt {Writer Wednesday}

A little bit about Marian...

Marian Pellegrin Merritt writes stories that blend her love of the mountains with her deep Southern roots. Her tagline, Where the Bayous Meet the Mountains, blends both loves. Her Christmas romances with Louisiana and Colorado connections include: Southern Fried Christmas, A Cajun Christmas Miracle, and Deep Freeze Christmas.

This Louisiana native writes from the Northwest Colorado home she shares with her husband and a very spoiled Labradoodle. To receive updates and behind the scenes info, join her group on Facebook: Marian P. Merritt's Readers Group

How to connect with Marian...

Website: www.marianmerritt.com
Blog: www.marianmerritt.blogspot.com
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4429639.Marian_P_Merritt
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marian-P-Merritt-Author/395714820494287?ref=hl
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarianPMerritt
Purchase: The Vigil

Author Interview | Marian P. Merritt

You and Writing

Tell us a little bit about yourself: How did you start writing? What has kept you writing?
...I’ve been writing since 2003. My first book was published in 2012. I’d like to say that’s because I’m a patient person, but I don’t think so. I was determined not to stop. And I trusted what God had promised.
What was the hardest thing about publishing? The easiest?
...The hardest thing for me is the waiting to hear if your story has been accepted, if so, then waiting for the edits, then waiting for a publication date, then waiting for the date…

...The easiest: Trusting the publisher with the particulars. 


Your Writing

Tell us a little bit about your book and what you’re working on currently. 
...The Vigil is a story of forgiveness. It deals with long-held family secrets and resentments. When truth comes to light, the heroine must deal with letting go of the past and moving forward.

...I’m currently writing two books:

The first is a novella set in Cavazzale, Italy. I recently visited there and just knew I had to set a story in the quaint Italian town!

The second is a Women’s Fiction set in Mandeville, Louisiana and Tuscany, Italy. Lots of drama in this one.



Writing

Where do you find inspiration for your story/characters? Are they based on real life or pure imagination or both?
...Characters usually come to me as a raw person not based on anyone. I can see them. I do a character interview and it’s then the plot emerges and the character’s personality comes through.

What advice would you give to aspiring authors for writing and/or publishing?
...The basic foundation for writers is to write well. Learn as much as possible about the craft. Write as much as possible. Don’t stop after the first novel. Keep writing. Yes, try to sell your book, but continue to learn and write another novel. Don’t get sucked into the publishing/marketing arena before you have a quality product to sell.
You

Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what do you listen to?
...Funny, when I’m in the writing zone, I can write while the TV is blaring! But when I’m working and it's hard to focus, I need silence. When I do listen to music, it’s instrumental. I like the groups 2 Cellos” and “Escala.” Those are my new favorites for writing.

What is your favorite season and why?
...I live near the Rocky Mountains so fall is my absolute favorite. the changing Aspens are beautiful and always inspire me to write.

What is your favorite genre to read? Why do you enjoy it?
...I love Women’s Fiction. I like following characters through adversity and seeing how they handle the issues they’re faced with.

...Emilie, Thanks so much for having me here at Thinking Thoughts!
________________________________
You're very welcome, Marian! Happy to have you here :)  It sounds like your upcoming writing will be transporting you back to that Italian trip! Of course now I'm thinking about my trip to Italy and wanting to go back haha.

::WINNER::

Had Valerie Comer on the blog last week and she graciously offered a giveaway of her novel Dandelions for Dinner

The winner of this lovely novel is...

Linda Rainey

Congrats Linda! Contact me so we can get you your copy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment