Tuesday, May 6, 2014

ACFW Genesis Contest Semi-Finalist

I am in SHOCK! Well, excited shock that is :D

I am a Semi-Finalist in the ACFW Genesis Contest!!!

The Genesis Contest is an awesome, national contest hosted by the American Christian Fiction Writers association I've been a part of for almost 2 years now. The contest is for unpublished authors to enter and involves sending in a synopsis and the first 15 pages of your manuscript.

It's funny to me because I almost didn't enter this year due to the craziness of my life right now (read: moving to DC, freelance writing, photography....etc.). But, the day before the deadline--isn't that always how it goes?--I sent in my revised first 15 pages. Then waited.

And waited...

I actually have the honor of coordinating the Mystery/Thriller/Suspense category and have loved seeing the contest from the "inside". So, yesterday came (me knowing the other coordinators were going to be making the calls) and I waited some more--anxiously and daring to hope I'd get a call.

RING!

A phone number I didn't recognize! I stepped away from conversation to answer the phone and, low and behold, I found out I was a Semi-Finalist! Lots of internal cheering and a healthy dose of unbelief followed, but more than anything else I've been beaming since this morning!

No matter what happens next, I am just excited to have made it this far and am definitely inspired to finish revising the book to resubmit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment