Monday, December 3, 2012

Tribute to my Grandma

My Beautiful Grandma
Death is a difficult thing.

This morning I'm sharing my heart with you.  I found out on Saturday that my Grandmother had passed away.  It's one of those things you hear and it doesn't quite sink in until later.  I think I'm still processing it, but at the same time I have a peace that I know could only come from the Lord.

She was such a wonderful woman.  As I talk about in the "about me" section on my other blog, I owe my cooking and baking talents to both her and my mom.   I would always be in the kitchen with her, creating something new and learning from her.  Always learning.

Her blackberry pie will always be my favorite dessert and I owe my own pie making methods to her.  I grew up spending a lot of time with my grandparents and I know that has played such a big role in my life.  They taught me so much about life and being creative - whether it was in the kitchen or in the shop with Grandpa.  

I will miss her (and already do) so much but know that I can rest in the fact that she knew Christ.  I think about this and realize what a blessing that is.  I will see her again and know that I do not mourn as if I had no hope.  I am challenged to put my focus on the Lord and the reason that I can have joy and peace, especially as we come up on the Christmas season.  I want to make sure and take every moment captive for what it is - a gift from God.  He allowed me 26 wonderful years with my grandma and for that, I am extremely grateful.

 I would covet your prayers for my family and I in this difficult time. 

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment