Friday, January 18, 2013

Georgiana Daniels | RE:View & Interview

I'm doing things a little differently this Friday.  Instead of just a RE:View post, I'm also including an interview with the author, Georgiana Daniels.

To start off, here's a little bit about Georgiana from her blogger profile:
Georgiana Daniels resides in the beautiful mountains of Arizona with her super-generous husband and three talented daughters. She graduated from Northern Arizona University with a bachelor's degree in public relations, and now has the privilege of homeschooling by day and wrestling with the keyboard by night. She enjoys sharing God's love through fiction, and is exceedingly thankful for her own happily ever after.
How to connect with Georgiana:
Her blog: Good Times...Good Times
On Google +
At Harlequin Love Inspired
On Goodreads
On Amazon

-->
Author Interview | Georgiana Daniels

You & Writing

Tell us a little bit about yourself: How did you start writing? What has kept you writing?
....First, thanks so much for having me on your blog :) I can’t remember a time when I didn’t write! My first book was called Death on Penthouse Avenue, which I started—and didn’t finish—when I was twelve. But only in the last eight years have I pursued publication. Many times I wanted to throw my hands in the air and let it all go, but I believe this is where God wants me, and that’s what keeps me hooked in.

Do you have a favorite book or work that you’ve written? If so, why?
...My favorite book is always the one I’ve just completed. For some reason I always think it’s the best one yet—and maybe each one really is better than the last. I come to care so much for the characters that they all become favorites.

What was the hardest thing about publishing? The easiest?
...The hardest thing about getting published is enduring until getting “the call,” probably because there’s no guarantee it will come. That’s when you have to do it simply because you love writing and believe you’re doing what you’re meant to regardless of the outcome. Is there an easy part? LOL! I suppose coming up with the ideas and developing them are the easy bits, but as soon as I sit at the keyboard to start writing chapters it suddenly isn’t nearly as smooth.

Your Writing

Tell us a little bit about your book or what you’re working on currently? Why are you/did you write it?
...A Daughter’s Redemption is my first Love Inspired book. It’s about a grieving daughter who (unknowingly) falls in love with the cop responsible for her father’s death. I love the conflict this story presented to me, and I kept questioning how much could someone forgive.

Do you have a favorite character? If so, why?
...That’s like asking if I have a favorite child! So hard to pick a character because they all have qualities that are admirable and traits that aren’t, and like all of us they have issues to overcome.

What is one take-away from your book that you hope readers identify with?
...My hope and prayer is that people see areas where they can show mercy and also see God’s mercy toward us. Also I do hope that if readers have someone in their life they need to make things right with that they prayerfully take that step.

Writing

Where do you find inspiration for your story/characters? Are they based on real life or pure imagination or both?
...Pure imagination! Occasionally I’ll borrow a name, but the character the name is assigned to is total fiction. I did, however, borrow my parents’ dog for this book ;)

When you write, what is your overall intention with your stories?
...Providing clean entertainment that shows God’s love and His ability to take the worst situations and turn them around for our good is my desire. Mostly I just love telling stories!

What advice would you give to aspiring authors for writing and/or publishing?

...Hunker down and write, write, write! Learn the craft and develop thick skin—you’ll need it.

You

What is your favorite snack to eat when writing?
...How did you know I snack? It’s a problem because I really can’t seem to squeeze words out without something to munch on. Lately it’s been cashews. I’m trying to switch to gum only ;)

Do you believe in New Year’s resolutions? If so, care to share one of yours?

...Over the years I’ve tried resolutions and come to the conclusion that if I want something badly enough, why wait for the New Year? I’m trying to be more intentional on a daily basis. We’ll see how it works out!

What’s one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
...So many wonderful things are happening in our lives right now that it’s hard to pick! Right now I’m praising God for opening the windows of Heaven after a dry season, and I’ll be grateful for His daily bread :)

Thank you so much for this great interview Georgiana! I can see you passion for writing and love how you have shared that with my readers (and with me!).  I can't wait to see what's next for you and your writing.

______________________________________

RE:View | A Daughters Redemption

Set in Pine Hollow, Arizona, this beautiful story of redemption follows Robyn Warner through the trials of an inheritance she never expected.  When her father is killed in an accident in town, everyone wants justice but no one realizes the price that will be paid to extract that justice.

Robyn, a typical California girl, finds herself in the middle of family struggles, the ghosts of her past, and a future that seems impossible to reconcile.  Will her heart grow fond of Pine Hollow and fonder for this curious handy man with a vendetta to fix of the cabins as well as a secret that could keep them apart forever?

I really enjoyed this book by Georgiana!  After reading the back cover I began the book wondering  how she was going to work past the obvious road blocks setup in the story.  I was pleasantly surprised at the end and how it was all worked out.  This is definitely a book you will not want to put down!

To purchase this book you can go to Harlequin Love Inspired or to Amazon

1 comment: