Monday, January 7, 2013

A Monday Mindset {Thinking Theology}

I've been thinking about how some people dread Mondays.  When I was in school I used to - it meant the end of the weekend and the beginning of a tough week of work and stress.  Some of that was lost when I worked a job in retail - you don't really get weekends and if you do they can sometimes be on a Tuesday or other weekday (so I guess Mondays can really be any day of the week). I did, however, feel that pang of disappointment when my "weekend" time-off ended and I had to go back to work. 

With my current job (Office Manager for my church) I find (thankfully) that I don't have that dread of going into work.  My week is technically Sunday to Thursday, so I guess you could say Sunday is my "Monday" (just to make things confusing), but in all reality I enjoy Mondays.  For us, it's the day we come together as staff to pray for one another and the church, to discuss our upcoming week and its duties, and to spend time encouraging one another.  It's a great way to start off our week, and as I think about it, I know that I'd want to incorporate that habit no matter where I worked. 

My thoughts for you this Monday morning:
  • What are you thankful for today? 
  • What do you have to accomplish and how can you make prayer about that part of your daily routine? 
  • How can you encourage those you work with this week?
To me, Mondays are like little New Years that happen every week.  We get a fresh start (hopefully after a break during the weekend) and have the choice to remember the joy and grace the Lord has bestowed on us as a way to bless others.

What will your Monday look like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment