Thursday, January 17, 2019

A New Year's Non-Commitment


Yes, I do realize that we're 17 days into the New Year and you haven't heard from me for much longer than that. I'm afraid that, if I apologize for my absence, I may start to sound like a broken record 😑 So, in place of that apology I'm going to try and not try.



The mechanics of blogging on a busy schedule and why I'm still going to do it. Probably. Maybe? 


If you've followed my blog for any length of time you'll know I've made some commitments I haven't exactly stuck to. *cringes* I hate letting people down. Just. Hate. It! Because of this, the thought has crossed my mind that maybe I need to step back, maybe I need to not blog. Well, for real, not just because I've accidentally forgotten.

But then, as I really start to think about that, I get so sad. This blog is an outlet for me. Granted, it's one I don't always take advantage of as I used to, but to let it go makes me think I'm also letting go of a part of me that I cherish. A part that is free to write fun things, talk about books I like, about marketing, and about life in general.

So what does this mean?

I'm not sure.
(Is that honest enough?)

I don't think I'm going to say "I'll post on..." or anything like I've done in the past. Clearly those self-imposed guidelines get pushed when work takes over. But the thought of creating content that can be helpful to others in my position (self-employed) as well as a support system for getting the word out about awesome books and authors still appeals to me. So I'm going to do it. Sometimes. 

I know one of the first things I tell clients (as well as friends) who ask about how to grow your blog or social media platform is consistency. I do believe that, but I may not be able to do that here. But I will say that I do post consistently on Instagram so if you're wanting that daily interaction please follow me there (you can find my account here and you'll see dorky pictures like this one >>>)

Well, if this post hasn't put you off from following me (please stick around if you can!) then you can expect some already-scheduled, fun author interviews coming up and some new content from me as well. I think things will mostly get rolling in February as my January has been beyond busy.

So, this is me trying by not trying but still trying. 😉

Do you have a blog? Do you find it hard to be consistent? What about social media? What do you find is your favorite platform? Share in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment