Monday, April 15, 2013

Heartbroken but not hopeless

Just a quick post to say that I'm heart broken over the news of what happened in Boston. 

Sometimes the things of this world just drag a person down. I was at a conference this weekend where our topic was joy (recap post coming soon) and I am reminded from my time at the conference that we can have joy through suffering.  It doesn't come immediately. It's not easy. It's also not a feeling (ie: it doesn't mean you always have a smile on your face). It's an understanding that though terrible things happen, we only see things in part and we are asked to trust the Lord in His plans.  This type of steadfast joy is rooted in the hope of Christ.

This doesn't make things "ok". It's not supposed to.  We are meant to mourn.  But - It does mean that there is a plan in all things. I don't mean to say that there is a plan for disaster, but there is a plan to bring healing out of brokenness.  Redemption is possible through Christ.  He is the author and perfecter of our faith (as well as all things). 

I am praying for comfort for the families who have been affected. I am praying for peace for those who were injured and may be facing fear as a result. I am praying for their neighbors to come along side them and to offer help, support, and most of all love.

May Christ be the HOPE in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment