Thursday, March 22, 2018

Paperless Post | RE:View


Who doesn't like getting a card? I know I do! But, the older I get, the harder it is for me to keep up with sending notes in the capacity I'd like. If you've followed my blog for a while you'll know that I've moved around quite a bit. Each of those moves have left me with amazing friends in different locations all over the U.S. and, while I still make it a priority to get out hand written cards here and there, I've now found a lovely alternative in Paperless Post!

What is Paperless Post?


Paperless Post is a company that offers digital invitations (think wedding & party), birthday cards, personal stationary, save the dates, and so much more! They offer a variety of fun designs and customizations helping you create the perfect card or invitation.

Here's one example of a card and envelope set:





My Experience with Paperless Post 


I tried out their service in a couple of different ways. I created an Easter card that I could send to friends and family (since most are scattered all over the U.S.) and scheduled it (yes! you can totally do this) to go out on the Saturday before Easter. How fun is that?

Then, I also sent a "thinking of you" card to a dear friend to let her know that I was thinking of her as well as praying for her. I had fun customizing the background, text, interior, and sending settings. More than that though, I was able to send a meaningful note in a "different way". It wasn't a text (which is still personal, but not nearly as pretty) and it wasn't a passing comment on a social media post or something like that. I really wanted her to know that I'd taken the time to pick out the right card for her and that it held a message that came from the heart.

If I may step of my "community soapbox" for a moment... Letting people know that you are thinking of them and care about them is SO important! It's easy to get wrapped up in the day-to-day actives of life that we forget those who are around us. Whether that be our spouse or significant other or even our friends we may only see once a week or less, we should be actively looking for a way to let them know we care.

Maybe card or letter writing isn't your "thing" but it's so easy to use an already created template (you don't even need to customize if you don't want to) to send a quick note.

What I think about Paperless Post 

I would definitely recommend Paperless Post! They have some really beautiful card designs (even some from designers like Kate Spade New York, Oscar de la Renta, Jonathan Adler, and Rifle Paper Co.). They also cover pretty much any occasion you may have and allow you the freedom and flexibility to customize each card with fun designs and digital papers.

Some things of note:

Cards do cost! They work on a 'coin' system that starts with allowing you to purchase 20 coins for $6 (making the coins $.30 each) with the option of larger quantities of coins which decreases the price per coin. When I looked around it seemed it was standard for a card to cost about 5 coins (or $1.50 a card) with the more intricate or designer cards costing around 8 coins (or $2.40 a card). Considering that most (nice) cards in the store are usually $4 + and then add the $.50 stamp on top of that, you are getting a good deal.

Also, as much as I love the ease of sending a digital card to someone - it's fast, cost effective, and environmentally friendly, it's slightly less personal (totally my own opinion here). Because of this, I would personally recommend and use Paperless Post for things like event invitations and even perhaps Wedding Save the Dates because of the expense of shipping out invitations of that magnitude could become very expensive and time consuming.

Lastly, I didn't do extensive research into other digital card-sending sites, but I did look around a bit. They may be less expensive, but you can tell that in the quality of their cards. I feel like (from an artists standpoint) the cards on Paperless Post are really top quality and the experience is very user friendly. You can send out mass invites or cards with ease and style, which I think makes Paperless Post stand out in it's field.

Use the link below to check out their website:

Visit Paperless Post

_______________
I was asked to experience this product for free but was under no obligation to post a positive review. I do so under my own motivation and the opinions I have expressed in this review are honest and entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment