Monday, May 8, 2017

True to You by Becky Wade | New Novel News

True to You 
by Becky Wade

Published: May 2, 2017
Publisher: Bethany House
Purchase: True to You

After a devastating heartbreak three years ago, genealogist and historical village owner Nora Bradford has decided that burying her nose in her work and her books is far safer than romance in the here and now.

Unlike Nora, former Navy SEAL and Medal of Honor recipient John Lawson is a modern-day man, usually 100 percent focused on the present. But when he's diagnosed with an inherited condition, he's forced to dig into the secrets of his past and his adoption as an infant, enlisting Nora to help him uncover the identity of his birth mother.

The more time they spend together, the more this pair of opposites suspects they just might be a perfect match. However, John's already dating someone and Nora's not sure she's ready to trade her crushes on fictional heroes for the risks of a real relationship. Finding the answers they're seeking will test the limits of their identity, their faith, and their devotion to one another.

Get to know Becky...

Favorite season? 
My favorite season is fall! Here in Texas, we endure, long HOT summers. I'm always thrilled when fall brings cooler temperatures and I get to wear jeans and boots, admire the colorful foliage, and spend more time outdoors. (I huddle inside in the air conditioning most of the summer.) Plus, fall offers awesome holidays.

What’s one thing you must have/do in the morning? 
I have to clean my kitchen and straighten the main rooms of our house. I can't write surrounded by mess! So I either chat with friends via the Voxer app or I catch up on news via the Today Show while I clean each morning. My efforts do no extend to my kids' rooms. I just close their doors.

@CreateExploreRead
If your main characters were animals, what would they be?
John, the hero of True to You, would be a boxer, because he's athletic and smart and not afraid to tackle huge challenges. Nora, the heroine of True to You, would be a russet colored cat. Russet-colored because she has red hair. A cat because she's a bookworm who loves tea. Cats are mellow enough to fit right in with books and tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment