Friday, June 19, 2015

Conferences and Photography: Upcoming Dates and Locations

If you've spent much time on this blog you've probably heard me talk about my business as a photographer (check out my website for funzies: www.eacreativephotography.com). I think one of the *best* things is the fact that I get to combine my love for photography and writing when I attend writing conferences! I get to photograph all the activities and I get to hang out with writers when I take headshots. It's just so much fun!

I'm expanding from the ACFW Conference (September 17-20th) to include a local conference, the ACFW Virginia Writers Conference (July 25th) and the Speculative Fiction conference, Realm Makers (August 7-8th) this year. I'm so excited about this! {If you're attending any of these and are interested in a session, contact me!}

You may be wondering...do I really need a professional headshot? Well, no need to wonder any longer. I've written on this in the past but soon I'll be posting a 3 part series titled: Headshots and Marketing Photos. I'll be exploring author photos, marketing photos, prices, and some tips and tricks for great photos.

So, if you're out there wondering...do I need a new headshot? The answer is likely YES, but check back here and hopefully I'll be able to convince you of the necessity before you think I'm just saying that because I'm a photographer ;) Writers honor, I am not.

In the mean time, check out these posts for some reading about headshots: 


What are you saying with your headshot? (Part 1) 
A look at why you need a headshot and why it's a good investment to get a new one! 

What are you saying with your headshot? (Part 2) 
Some practical advice when getting your headshots taken.

What are you saying with your headshot? (Part 3)
Some hard and fast facts about headshots, copyrights and releases.


No comments:

Post a Comment