Sunday, March 1, 2015

Social Media & Marketing Month


Welcome to what I'm fondly calling: Social Media & Marketing Month here on Thinking Thoughts. If you're a reader, don't worry, I'll still be posting my weekly New Novel News posts as well as introducing you to new writers on {Writer Wednesday}. So no, I have not (nor will I ever) forget you!

But, part of this blog is devoted to writers and one thing I've become increasingly aware of (and passionate about) is marketing. Oooo! The dreaded "M" word. But, as much as there are some scary notions associated with marketing, I've realized that it doesn't have to be that unscalable mountain looming in the distance. It can be...well, fun!

This month I'll be taking a look at the big dogs...
  • Blogging
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram 
  • Pinterest
  • Evernote
  • Google +
  • YouTube
The difference about these posts? Well, they will be with YOU, dear writer, in mind. That's right, I'll be looking at utilizing social media well as a writer. That means I struggle with a lot of the same things you do...voices in my head, procrastination, great ideas, no time....the list goes on!

So, check back during this month for posts directed toward you writers with fun ideas, time savers, expert guest posts, and hopefully a few things you can tweet about too!

And please feel free to join in on the fun! I've created a hashtag for this month (um, don't know what those pesky hashtags are? We'll talk about that too!). So, if you're posting on Social Media make sure to use:

#ttmediachallenge

Yep, not only is this month dedicated to social media, but I'll be challenging YOU after each post to utilize that particular platform. So, how about it? If you're exited about this let me know. The first post will be this Friday (March 6th) so I expect to see you here!

Tweet your excitement using the hashtag above to: @eacreativephoto


No comments:

Post a Comment