Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Nike Chillemi | Spread the Christmas Joy

Christmas Dreams

We all start to dream just a little bit more during the Christmas holiday season. For me it starts the day after Thanksgiving. That day has never been Black Friday to me. It's always been more of a Christmas Fantasy Friday. Although I love all the tinsel, I don't want to get caught up or mired in it. I have to always remember the One who is the divine dream giver. He has a purpose and a plan for me and for you.
Staying firmly cognizant of Who is the Author of my dreams, I merrily leap into the Christmas spirit. I find myself leafing through pages of ladies magazines, looking for holiday food and Christmas décor ideas. Some of the recipes are so good I have to cut them out and add them to my recipe file. I'm going more and more low carb and have been losing weight with that, and my doctor says I'm healthier in general. This I'm sure is in line with God's plan for me. So I'm always overjoyed when I find a healthy Christmas recipe that looks and tastes marvelous.
I also love the Christmas decorating shows on the various cable networks. I love to watch instructions on how to make Christmas crafts. Love the old classical and the new innovative ways to deck the halls. Several years ago, I found it difficult to find an outdoor crèche in lights for my porch. That was one of the first years stores were admonishing employees not to say, "Merry Christmas" and everyone was in confusion and uproar. Finally, I found a local small business with quite a large supply of various types of Nativity Scenes and it also was playing religious Christmas music for shoppers over its public address system. I purchased a crèche for my porch and also bought all of my Christmas supplies there. I've gone back to that store every year since, and during the year for other things as well.

Courtesy of FreeImages
In my contemporary indie release, HARMFUL INTENT, Bertha, who is at times hilarious as she walks her Christian walk, has been loved by Christian readers. In the last chapter she is busy scheduling her own Thanksgiving wedding. She's also dreaming of a Christmas wedding for heroine and female PI Veronica "Ronnie" Ingels and hero deputy sheriff Dawson Hughes.

I'm happy to revel in the Christmas spirit, you see because over two thousand years ago in the city of Bethlehem an angel burst forth with great joy announcing the Good News, "Peace on earth. Good will toward men." [Luke 2:14] Jesus was born. He has decked the halls of my heart ever since the day I first invited Him in.


 

 

Nike will announce the winner on December 16!

__________________________________________


Nike is the founding board member of the Grace Awards and is its Chairman, a reader's choice awards for excellence in Christian fiction. She writes book reviews for The Christian Pulse online magazine. She was an Inspy Awards 2010 judge in the Suspense/Thriller/Mystery category and a judge in the 2011 and 2012 Carol Awards in the suspense, mystery, and romantic suspense categories. Her four novel Sanctuary Point series, set in the mid-1940s has won awards and garnered critical acclaim. Her new contemporary whodunit, HARMFUL INTENT, is scheduled to release in the spring of 2014.
She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), Christian Indie Novelists (CHIN) and the Edgy Christian Fiction Lovers (Ning).

Blog: http://nikechillemi.wordpress.com/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4856311.Nike_Chillemi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nike.chillemi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/NikeChillemi

No comments:

Post a Comment