Monday, January 30, 2017

Pamela S. Meyers & Christine Meunier | New Novel News

Second Chance Love
by Pamela S. Meyers

Published: January 24, 2017
Publisher: Bling!/Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
Purchase: Second Chance Love


Chicago lawyer Sydney Knight and Texas bull rider Jace McGowan have nothing in common but everything to lose when they are thrust together during a weekend rodeo in rural Illinois. Neither one of them would have imagined two years ago that the deep attraction they sensed during a day-long outing would resurface when Sydney’s boss assigns her to Jace’s legal case.

Sydney has been through a world of hurt since losing her dad when she was sixteen, then being dumped the morning of her wedding. She’s sworn off romance and instead devotes her time toward a partnership in her father’s law office.

Jace has found faith in God and wants out of his sponsor contract with a risqué restaurant chain that requires him to pose with scantily-clad women. He’s about to bail on the contract and pay steep penalties—something he can ill afford, given that his deceased father left the family with unpaid taxes.

Sydney is determined she’ll get Jace out of his contract and return to Chicago with her heart intact, but Jace is just as determined to help her see they are meant to be together. Can a city girl with roots deep in Chicago and a bull-riding rancher with roots deep in Texas give themselves a second-chance love?

Get to know Pamela...

What are the names of your pets? If you don't have any, what would you name your pets? 
I have two rescue cats that I adopted about 2-1/2 years ago. They are named after my main characters in my novel, Love Finds You in Lake Geneva. Wisconsin, Jack and Meg (I often call her Meggie though). I have had cats most of my life and I had already decided to name my next male cat Jack. As I was driving to the cats’ foster home I agonized over what to call the girl and then it hit me. It was a no-brainer. They both know their names, but they have no idea who they are named after LOL.

Coffee or tea? 
Coffee, absolutely. I consider myself to be kind of a “coffee snob.” I used to buy coffee beans and grind them at home. That way I could blend two different types together. Then I discovered a marvelous invention called the Keurig and I said goodbye to my coffee grinder. But I still blend two different types. I found a great online coffee supplier that sells the cups a lot less than the stores do and I usually blend their Donut Shop and Columbian or Kona, depending if I need a strong jolt in the morning or a milder one. I usually only drink coffee in the morning unless I’m really dragging. Then I might even run down the road to one of those famous coffee shops and get a double shot mocha.

Which of your characters do you secretly have a crush on? 
I think I usually develop a crush on whomever is the hero in my current WIP. But I have to say that Jace McGowan, the leading man in Second Chance Love tweaked my heartstrings more than any of my other characters. It’s the cowboy mystique I think. I’ve had people who have read my story already tell me they are in love with Jace. Sandie Bricker, who sadly passed away last November of brain cancer, was my acquiring editor on this book, and when she read my manuscript, almost her first words to me were, “I’m in love with Jace.” I giggled when I read that. What did it matter that we were both old enough to be his mother. 😀

A native of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, author Pamela S. Meyers lives in suburban Chicago with her two rescue cats. Her novels include Thyme for Love and her historical romance, Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Her novella, What Lies Ahead, is part of a novella collection, The Bucket List Dare, which is now available at Amazon in both print and Kindle formats. Second Chance Love from Bling!, an imprint of Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas, releases in January 2017. When she isn’t at her laptop writing her latest novel, she can often be found nosing around Wisconsin and other Midwestern spots for new story ideas.

Connect with Pam: 
Website: www.pammeyerswrites.com Blog: www.pamelasuemeyers.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/pamela.meyers www.facebook.com/PamelaSMeyersAuthor/ Twitter: pamelameyers

Recessive
by Christine Meunier

Published: January 8, 2017
Publisher: Independently Published
Purchase: Recessive

Savannah Reynier isn’t sure how she should classify her relationship with Craig Pieters. They’re not dating but she’s keen to spend as much time with him as possible. As she learns about his beliefs, that desire increases.

November proves to be a busy month at work for Savannah. The days fly by as she celebrates the Melbourne Cup, deals with a damaging storm and turns a year older. All the while Savannah is learning more about horses and breeding; more about the South African man who has come into her life.

As Craig helps her to increase her horse knowledge and challenges her to live out her faith, Savannah finds herself wanting more than friendship. But after Jackson, is she willing to make herself vulnerable again?

Get to know Christine...

What's your favorite chore?
Mowing the lawn! I love how it looks afterward; when I was working with horses I really enjoyed picking up paddocks – they look so much cleaner once they’re done!


Coffee or tea?
Tea – Irish Breakfast tea to be exact.


What’s one thing you must have/do in the morning?
Read my bible over a cup of tea.


Connect with Christine:
http://www.horsecountrybook.com/ - horse books with the Christian faith for adults

No comments:

Post a Comment