Monday, February 22, 2016

Annette O'Hare, Amanda Cabot & Lisa J. Flickinger | New Novel News



Northern Light
by Annette O'Hare

February 19, 2016

White Rose Publishing, an imprint of: Pelican Book Group Purchase: Northern Light

Civil War has robbed Margaret Logan of all she holds dear, including her beloved New Orleans home and her fiancé. When her family moves to the desolate Bolivar Peninsula to manage a lighthouse that is no longer there, all her hopes for a normal future are dashed.

Her world is rocked once again when a wounded Yankee soldier washes ashore needing her help. Despite her contempt for the North, Margaret falls in love with Thomas Murphy. As their love blooms, Margaret’s sister is overcome with neurosis, and her mind slowly slips away. Bitterness, psychosis and depression yield a decision fueled by contempt. Will one fatal choice cause Margaret to lose the man she loves and condemn Thomas to death?

Get to know Annette...

If your book became a movie, who would you cast for your main characters?
Oh, good question! If I had to choose an actress to play the part of Margaret Logan I would choose, Amy Adams. I fell in love with her as Giselle in the movie, Enchanted. She’s so gorgeous, and I’m probably wrong, but I’ve never heard anything about her in a negative light. My hero, Thomas Murphy, is an Irish immigrant, so I would pick Colin Farrell. He’s Irish, a great actor, and did I mention he’s completely dreamy!

What are the names of your pets? If you don't have any, what would you name your pets?
How did you know I was a dog lover? My oldest dog is a nine-year-old Weimaraner I rescued from the animal shelter named Max. My other dog is a year old Jack Russell Terrier mix. I rescued him from a bad home situation. His name is Jay. I’m also the proud grandmother of my son and his fiancé’s Chi-weenie named Charlie, and my daughter’s Chihuahua mix named Tris. They’re both rescue dogs too!

Favorite place you’ve traveled to?  
I love the beach and have been going to Texas beaches all my life. But the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever traveled to (and my favorite) are in the Caribbean. Two recent cruises have taken me to beaches in Cozumel, Mexico; Roatan, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and The Grand Cayman Island.



On Lone Star Trail
by Amanda Cabot

February 2, 2016
Revell
Purchase: On Lone Star Trail

If there’s one thing Gillian Hodge never wants to see again, it’s a man on a motorcycle. Her last encounter with one left her right hand crushed, ending her promising career as a concert pianist. Unsure about the next phase in her life, she heads to Rainbow’s End Resort for some R&R when a sudden thunderstorm causes a motorcycle to crash right in front of her.

When TJ Benjamin’s wife died, he lost more than his best friend; he lost his faith. He has spent the past year wandering the country on his motorcycle, trying not to think about the future. When he finds himself stranded with a busted bike and a reluctant rescuer, he has to wonder about God’s sense of humor.

As these broken people collide, they find that a bright future is still ahead—it just might not be the one they imagined for themselves.
Get to know Amanda...

Favorite season?
Spring. I love seeing the rebirth of so many plants, and the longer days make my heart sing with joy.

What's your favorite chore?
I think I may be cheating here, but my answer is cooking. The reason I say I may be cheating is that while some people – my mother included – consider preparing meals a chore, it’s something I really enjoy. I think it’s fun to try new recipes, tweaking them to make them healthier. Of course, washing the dishes afterwards is much less fun.

What's one chore you hate doing?
Vacuuming. Without a doubt, vacuuming. I hate dragging the vacuum cleaner around, and the fact that it’s noisy makes it even worse. The only good thing I can say is that the carpets look better once they’ve been vacuumed.


All That Glitters
by Lisa J. Flickinger

February 16, 2016
Ambassador InternationalPurchase: All That Glitters

The world has gone plum crazy over gold. Men and women alike would do almost anything to make their fortune. Leaving behind her family and a dying father, Ginny Connor follows the cunning Logan Harris up North to strike it rich. Twenty-year old Vivian Connor embarks on a cross-country chase to rescue her sister Ginny and they are both led into the chaos of the Klondike Gold Rush.

Meanwhile, Ben McCormack leaves his farm to retrieve his intended bride from a rowdy, tent town on the Alaskan coastline. Ben’s path inadvertently entwines with Vivian’s and he finds his heart tugging him in a different direction.

Danger and disappointment plague all their journeys to the far North. Will Vivian find her sister in time to return home to see their father? Can Ginny forgive herself for the decisions she's made? Will Ben find the lifelong love he searches for? When the world listens only to the call of gold, redemption and love become scarce treasures.

Get to know Lisa...

Favorite place you’ve traveled to?
Paris, the city of love. The history and architecture of its buildings amazed me and the kindness and generosity of its people thrilled me.

Which of your characters do you secretly have a crush on?
The main male character in my novel All That Glitters portrays a lot of the same characteristics as my husband (but a lot less stubborn). I have a crush on both of them.

Coffee or tea?
Coffee, absolutely! Tea keeps me awake for days. My favourite latte is Crème Brulee.

::WINNERS::

 Um WOW - last week's New Novel News giveaway was awesome!!! We've got 3 winners here:

Amanda G. Steven's Haven Seekers Series (winner's choice of book):

Dominique Burleson
A Spy's Devotion by Melanie Dickerson:

Deanna Stevens

Terri Reed's Ransom:

Anne Rightler






Congrats to everyone! Make sure you contact me using the "Contact the Thinker" form on the side of the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment