Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Valentines Wish


Alas, it's another day of love and gushy feelings. Chocolate and romance. Cheesy love songs and candlelit dinners.

Or something like that.

I'm neither against nor exactly for Valentines Day. Though I think it can be a great day to tell those around you that you love them. I'm the type of person who loves creativity for those typical "Hallmark" holiday's as I believe some call them.

Nothing says I love you more than a homemade card, or chores taken care of, or a stolen moment to say--and mean--the word: I love you.

I really can't speak to married love, but Ann Voskamp does a beautiful job of it in a recent post: How Real People Make Shades of Real Love.

I share that with you because her words always have a way with my heart. No matter the fact that I'm a single woman, her stories of marriage and sacrificial love are beautiful to me.

I hope that today you remember what true love is. I'll leave you with my message on Instagram this morning beause I think it accurately sums up my feelings about Valentines Day:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Love. 
Today is kind of about that, though I think there are a lot of people who have the wrong idea of what love is. They hold romantic love high above all things as if it were the highest good. The ultimate. But I'd put forth a different kind of love.
A love that is patient and kind.
A love that extends grace.
A love that sacrifices.
A love that is perfect. 

 
I may be single this Valentines day, but I have a love that is greater than anything I could find on this earth. Gods love. And for that, I celebrate!❤️
 



By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 
1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭9-10‬
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - 
Don't forget to enter these GIVEAWAYS...



Cathy Elliott's A Vase of Mistaken Identity



Jessica Keller's The Fireman's Secret



Nancy Mehl's Deadly Echoes

No comments:

Post a Comment