Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jewell Tweedt {Writer Wednesday}

A little bit about Jewel...

Jewell Tweedt was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska, the setting for the back to Omaha Adventure series. She lives in western Iowa and divides her time between teaching middle school students and writing. In her spare time she reads, gardens and grades papers. Lots of papers. Readers can learn more about Jewell and her books at her blog (listed below).

How to connect with Jewel...


Blog: www.tweedtjewell.blogspot.com 
Her books:
Frontier Faith Trilogy
Book 1) Faith of the Heart
Book 2) Still Faithful
Book 3) Faith and Hope-Grace's Story
Purchase her books on Amazon [here]


Author Interview | Jewel Tweedt

You and Writing

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
...As a history teacher I've always been fascinated about the people behind the events. I started writing during summer breaks when I needed a creative outlet. I've always loved Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House books and wanted to try to write adult versions.



When asked about her books:
...My favorite book is the first one-Faith of the Heart because it was the beginning for me. I had the idea for it over 10 years ago but didn't actually put pen to paper ( fingers to laptop actually) until a couple of years ago. Then it sat on the computer because I was scared to show my work. It's kind of like undressing in front of strangers.


Your writing

Tell us a little bit about what your writing. Do you have a favorite character?
...In my latest book Faith and Hope-Grace's Story, my favorite character is Grace. She's a widowed schoolteacher with a terrible secret. She struggles to overcome certain feelings and be a needed member of society. Until she regains her own self-respect she can't open up to others. It hits home with me because I am also an introvert trying to climb out of my shell.

Writing

Where do you find inspiration for your writing?
...I find inspiration in the events of history that I teach, actions of my students, and books that I am always reading, especially those by Mary Conneally. I also use my faith and truly believe that my books are my vehicle for spreading the gospel because the issue is presented in each one.

You

What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
...My favorite food of Thanksgiving dinner is the pecan pie I bake for my husband. The joy I get from watching him makes it worth the effort.

What are three things you are thankful for?
...My health (I'm a breast cancer survivor)
...My family (they love and support me)
...My faith ( without it life would be more difficult)


_________________________
Thank you so much for coming to the blog today Jewell! It was great learning about you and your writing. I'm sure your students provide you with lots of fun stories to use - I can relate because I volunteer with High School students. And your pie sounds amazing :) Thanks again, Jewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment