Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mary L. Ball {Writer Wednesday}

A little bit about Mary...

Mary L. Ball lives in North Carolina. She writes novels and Christian articles. Her passion is weaving together romantic tales often laced with suspense and mystery. Her books encourage people to see the magic of love, hope and a divine guidance that often lays dormant, waiting for each of us to find.

Mary is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. When she’s not writing she’s babysitting her grandson, supporting her husband’s ministry, singing gospel music or fishing.

How to connect with Mary...


Website: http://MaryLouwrites.weebly.com
Blog:
http://marylouwrites.weebly.com/-marys-blog.html Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/Marywrites
Purchase her books:
on Amazon, on Amazon UK,
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspirational-author-Mary-L-Ball/200478210087932
Twitter: @inspires4mary

Author Interview | Mary L. Ball


Your Writing
Tell us a little bit about your book or what you’re working on currently?
...My first novel is “Escape to Big Fork Lake.” A story about overcoming hardships and finding out how powerful faith can be.
...Coming soon is “Stone of Destiny.”

...I started writing Stone of Destiny because my oldest grandson likes to read those novels with worldly magic showcased in the writing. One day he was talking about something in one of his books and I thought wouldn’t it be nice to show the world a different kind of enchantment, one that’s based on following the Lord and believing in His wonderful, mysterious ways? 
...Therefore, with the Lord leading, Stone of Destiny was born. I choose a blue sapphire ring as the focus of Taylor’s quest (only because I liked sapphire and it’s my birthstone) I knew after writing the novel-it was to be. Later, my publisher asked if I looked up the Christian meaning of sapphire. She sent me a link and upon research, I found it to mean Heavenly joy and divine guidance among others things. I got goose bumps as I read the meaning-it fits the theme of my novel perfectly.

Do you have a favorite character in this work? If so, why? ...Yes. Granny Kay. She’s weathers storms in life, but still hangs on the Lord.

What is one take-away from your book that you hope readers identify with?
...I hope everyone who reads the novel will have a better understanding that God works in his own way and that if we stand strong in our beliefs on his promises, we will overcome.

Writing
Are they based on real life or pure imagination or both?
...My motivation comes from the questions people often have about religion and the scriptures. The characters are absolute imagination. I shy away from using people I know as inspiration.

When you write, what is your overall intention with your stories?
...I write in hopes of showing the readers that none of us is perfect, but no matter what the situation, we all can find a divine relationship that helps us on our way in life.

What advice would you give to aspiring authors for writing and/or publishing?
...Don’t give up. Many writes never become authors because they get tired of sending off queries. The publishing world moves like a visit to the ER...s-l-o-w.

You
What is your favorite activity during the summer?
...I enjoy the being outdoors and sitting by the lake fishing.

Apparently August 15th is National Lemon Meringue Pie Day (I'm always learning something new). What is your favorite dessert?

...I’m not a big sweet eater; nevertheless, when I do indulge I enjoy a good Strawberry Shortcake with whipped cream.

___________________
Thank you for taking the time to do this interview Mary! You next book sounds really exciting. I love when things seem "coincidental" (like the jewel choice) but we know it's God's hand! And I love how you compare the publishing world to an ER visit (haha). I have noticed that good things take time and I can only assume it's the same in this case ;) I look forward to hearing more about your future books!

No comments:

Post a Comment