Monday, January 8, 2018

Create Explore Read with Me in 2018


For those of you who have followed my blog for a while you'll probably have noticed a few things recently. I've been posting less (oops!) and over the last few years the content has mostly been filled with interviews and the occasional guest post. While I don't mind that, I also don't think it's the direction I want to continue in.


What do I mean by that? I don't want this space to be merely...reactionary. That may not be the right word, but I'm going to run with it 😉 I want this blog to be on the offensive. Hum, not sure I'm good a sports analogies either. But I'd rather offer readers and writers alike a place to sit back, sip some coffee (or tea if you prefer) and...learn something, be encouraged, make a connection, laugh, tear up, say "ohhh I had no idea", find new books and authors, and a myriad of other emotions and thoughts.

Tall order, eh? Well, I don't dream small.

The purpose of this blog has been (and hopefully always will be) as a place for me to share my passions. It's part of why I changed the name of my blog from the slightly nebulous Thinking Thoughts to Create Explore Read. It's not only my brand, it's my passion. I love creating things, exploring new places, and...you guessed it! READING!

With the coming of this New Year, I've decided to reshape some things here on the blog. Oh no, Emilie, not again! I hear you all crying this...or maybe I'm just imagining it? But don't worry - there'll still be much of the same on here. I'm still doing the occasional New Novel News but adding a twist with the addition of adding new products to this line up too. I've got so many awesome and creative friends that I'd like to feature them here on the blog too. I'll still be hosting Writer Wednesdays, Author Chats, and adding a Creative Corner to feature those who create.

I've also decided to ask my guesting authors and guests for something a little bold...a little daring...I've asked them to be REAL. Now, that's not to say they haven't been in the past - I know they have been! They are all amazing! But I'm asking again (and will keep asking) for the simple fact that I want my blog--my little corner of the internet--to be brimming with genuineness and encouragement. Sometimes that will come from tragedy or difficult times too, and that's okay.

I want to challenge myself as well as those who guest here to be BRAVE. To share what it's really like on the other side of the page, phone screen, or computer. To make a connection--between readers, writers, creators, and explorers!

So rather than doing more, I want to do what I've done...but better. No extra hustling so much as extra  love added here for you all.

As always, I love hearing from you. You can email me as well as connect with me on any of my social media sites (listed below). I'll also be sending out another newsletter soon!

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Goodreads

Looking forward to 2018 with you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment