Thursday, December 29, 2016

One Enchanted Eve by Melissa Tagg | Re:View

Sometimes a book comes along that just meets you in the right place. For me, that was Melissa's One Enchanted Eve.

I have a fierce love for all-things Christmas. Movies, decorations, music, food, books...the list goes on. So when I heard that the second in the Enchanted Christmas Collection was coming out I was giddy with excitement. I loved the first one, One Enchanted Christmas, and have thoroughly enjoyed the Walker Family through her Maple Valley series, so if there is any way that I can continue on in that world, I will!

Enter Colin Renwycke and Rylan Jefferson. A combustive duo if there ever was one. And isn’t that the best kind? Theirs is definitely not a situation of too many cooks in the kitchen – I’d say two is just about right! I love their interactions, their backstories coming to life, and the creative and cute ways that Melissa brought them together. I think it’s been one of my favorite stories of hers so far…though I think I say that for every one of her books.

If you are looking for a quicker read and something that will prolong the warm fuzzy feelings of Christmas while making you smile, this is the novella for you. The romance and the deeper truths Melissa brings to light will leave you feeling satisfied, if not wanting a bit of dessert too!
My rating: 5*
Purchase: One Enchanted Eve

Book Description
(from Amazon)
A delightful Christmas romance about finding the perfect recipe for love.

After years of mistakes and regret, Colin Renwycke finally has a plan: Hone his baking talent at the Denver Culinary Institute and embark on a new career as a pastry chef. If he's lucky, he might even manage to earn back his family's respect. But despite his skills in the kitchen, Colin's a mess in the classroom and his ongoing disasters are proving too much for his prickly instructor. If he loses his spot at the school, he's out of backup plans.

Culinary school instructor Rylan Jefferson has the chance to reclaim her dream of running her own bakery. But she only has until Christmas Eve to come up with the perfect recipe to impress an eccentric investor. She has no time for holiday parties or family plans . . . and especially not for the unruly student baker who couldn't follow a recipe if his life depended on it.

But Colin has the one ingredient Rylan needs most—talent. Lots of it. And when he makes a proposal that just might solve both their problems, Rylan can't say no—even if it does mean traveling all the way to Iowa. It just might be that the snow-covered plains and a charming small town full of postcard Christmas cheer are exactly what her hungry heart needs . . . along with a man who is much more than he seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment