Monday, December 28, 2015

Kimberly Grace Bowman | Spread the Christmas Joy



But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 
– Matthew 6:33 (KJV)

I remember it well…Although I don’t remember the exact year. All presents had been opened and enjoyed that Christmas Day. The day marched onward. Cleanup. Food. Fun. It was just my mom, dad, myself, and our kitty as it is usually since my childhood. And then it happened. My mom asked me to get something from the laundry/utility room. Well obedient me did as I was told, marching my little self into the room to do as bid. But it had been a trap. There before me was a box bigger than myself, reaching tall to the ceiling as it towered over me. Okay…Maybe it wasn’t that big. But it surely felt like it to the younger version of myself. I took a step back in awe and lo and behold there stood before me a brand new, unpackaged Yamaha keyboard piano.

I don’t quite remember my reaction. But I do remember that I was in awe. Mom and dad pulled a good one on me that year! Over a decade later, that piano still sits in our latest home and has been a source for much musical enjoyment over the years. I don’t play fluently by a long shot. But I have furthered myself and enjoyed the gift. I have learned a few songs and grown up with it in my life. It was truly a blessing in its time. Now that I have blazed a path into the field of writing rich stories from my heart and have found a new part of myself there, I haven’t been as involved in music. Although music is still a vital part of my life. Yet there’s a truth to be found from that day I opened the laundry room door to see that giant gift staring me in the face.

Notice that supposedly all gifts had been opened. I had proceeded on with my childhood Christmas Day with no thought that there was something else waiting for me around the corner if only I’d obey my mom’s instructions. And then it was there. A lot of times throughout life, we as Christians pray for something we need or want and then sit there as if it’s going to drop down out of the sky in 2.3 seconds…or less. Now there’s nothing wrong with asking the Lord for things that are in line with his will. Nothing wrong with that at all. We may even have the wisdom enough to thank him for the blessings he’s already given us. Yet within a whirlwind moment of desire, we still crave that one thing while our callings, pursuits, and missions placed on our lives and hearts from God fall by wayside unnoticed.

And then it comes…The Lord asks us to do something. It may or may not have anything to do with that desire. But besides it all, we kind of roll our eyes and think, “What good is that going to do?” But little do any of us know that in God’s wisdom, he’s leading us right into his perfect will and blessings…if we would only obey that one thing he’s asking us to do. All my mom asked me to do is go get something out of the laundry room. I did so…and a blessing was waiting for me on the other side of that door. So…What blessings wait for you on the other side of the small request God has made of you?
______________________________

--> Kimberly Grace Bowman hails from Mississippi and is currently working her way towards becoming a published Christian fiction author. She is a recent homeschooling graduate and loves the world of the story and the richness of living life in the Kingdom of God. When not soaked in the world of her rich imagination, Kimberly writes and reports for up and coming motorsports site NASCARFemale.com and helps spread the word about the best in wholesome entertainment via her blog Hearth and Home and western blog Cherish the West (www.hearthandhometv.com and www.cherishthewest.blogspot.com). She has also been published in a major Christian magazine publication in Mississippi as a journalist, earning herself a junior feature in 2012. In addition, Kimberly is an avid history enthusiast and loves the days of old, cherishing everything from the simple, nostalgic days of the western frontier all the way to Christian music from the 80s and 90s and a little bit of everything in between. Learn more about her at her personal blog website valuesandtreasures.blogspot.com and follow her on social media…

Twitter: @kimberlygrace__
Instagram: @kimberlygrace_
Pinterest: pinterest.com/kgbdoodlebug

No comments:

Post a Comment