Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Vacation Update, NaNoWriMo News & Winners

Hello dear readers! I'm back :D

First off, my great apologies for not keeping up with my blog while I was gone on vacation. I worked very hard to get all of my freelance and photography work done before I flew out which left me absolutely no time to schedule posts. Thanks for those of you who have said you missed me - seriously, made me feel SO loved!

I thought I'd do a little updating on how the trip went and then below you'll find the winners for two books that I wasn't able to announce until today (thank you for your patience!).

For those of you who don't know, my boyfriend was deployed for six months and got back to America about three weeks ago. I was able to take some time off work to fly out to where he is stationed to spend some time with him while he was on leave.

We both love the outdoors so we spent some time road tripping around. We got to see several National Parks, explore Winnipeg, and ended up in Minneapolis with his family. It was a whirlwind trip, but SO much fun!

While I was gone I didn't get the chance to do much...though I did get some great crocheting done in the car!  Instead we ended up listening to audio books and of course singing along to Disney theme songs (what else do you do on roadtrips?).

International Peace Garden
I'm now back in DC and jumping back into work. I've got several photography sessions I'm editing through (gotta love fall engagement sessions) and I've started my NaNoWriMo novel. Currently, I'm not doing so well...I'm about 5k into the book and not really loving it...BUT, I look at it this way: if I don't start, then there's nothing to edit - right?

I'm loving this season though - fall being my favorite time of year - and I'm going to show that love with a fun giveaway coming to you all as of THIS Friday. Make sure you mark your calender's to come back and say hello to enter to win some fun, fall-inspired prizes.

Gooseberry Falls State Park
And I feel it's important that I admit something to you all...I've already started listening to Christmas music. I confess that Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday and I just love all things Christmas. I can't wait for my Spread The Christmas Joy "blog-a-thon" again this year. If you don't know what that is...well, you'll just have to wait and see >insert evil laugh<.

Well, that's about it for the update. I'll be back to my regular New Novel News and Writer Wednesday posts. I've also got some thoughts about writing I'm formulating that I'd love to share soon too.

Thanks for everyone who stuck around while I was off being a traveler :) Oh, and make sure you check out the giveaway opportunities I've got going right now: Win a copy of Rachel Hauck's The Wedding Chapel and check out this week's New Novel News posts for the chance to win one of 3 books!
__________________________

::WINNERS::

Sorry these are belated BUT here are the winners from the last few weeks:

A Refuge At Highland Hall
Britney Adams

Embers
Terrill Rosado